Oliver Wates is based in the North of England and has worked with The Media Coach for almost ten years. He hosts selected Media Training, Crisis Media Training, Presentation Training and Message Building courses.
Oliver Wates has been constructing and conducting training workshops since 1998. He has travelled to more than more than 60 countries coaching in English, Spanish, Portuguese and Russian (he also has conversational French, Italian and German). His coaching subjects include Media Relations, Interview Techniques, Press Release, Advocacy and Effective Writing.
He also teaches journalism from General to Business, Environmental, Ethical and Health. Oliver has trained hundreds of UN staff since 2003.
Oliver Wates Sector Experience
Oliver has extensive experience in economics, banking, and finance sectors as well as international development, and gender equality issues. He has personally trained the following clients: Lloyds Banking Group, TSB, Capita Group Plc, Reuters Foundation, European Journalism Centre, Thomson Foundation, Radio Liberty, Russian Information Agency, The Norwegian Refugee Committee, European Parliament Press Service and many UN Agencies, Fitch, Outfit 7 and Discovery Networks International. Oliver has a keen interest in: Politics, International Affairs, Classical Music and Culture.
Oliver Wates Journalism Experience
- Reuters journalist for 21 years with postings in Argentina, Brazil, Pakistan, Portugal and Moscow
- Reuters Bureau Chief in Moscow
- Reuters roles included solo reporter, team reporter, bureau chief, desk subeditor and news editor
- Journalism experience covering business and general news in more than a dozen countries
- Print and broadcasting reporting on international conflict, the arts, sports, finance and economics