Marian Hens is based in Madrid, Spain but delivers media training and presentation training throughout Europe, Latin America, Asia and Africa. She hosts our Media Training, Presentation Training and Social Media Training workshops in English and Spanish.
Having been a media trainer since 2001, Marian Hens has coached a range of people from EU Heads of Mission, through many international UN staff to corporate executives. She is also has experience as a speech writer. As an early adopter of social media and digital channels, Marian is comfortable dealing with these media sectors as she is with consumer and trade press.
Marian Hens Sector Experience
Marian has expertise in training clients from the following sectors: Humanitarian Agencies, Current Affairs, International Relations, Development, NGOs, Medicine, Technology, Travel, Airlines and Media. She has a keen interest in: International Affairs, Development,Journalism, Publishing, Big Data, Digital Revolution and Travel.
Marian Hens Journalism Experience
- Trained in Journalism at City University, London
- Fellow, Reuters Foundation Programme for the Study of Journalism, Oxford University
- The Guardian UK feature writer
- Channel 4 TV, London, ‘Europe Express’ reporter
- BBC World Service News Programmes ‘Newshour’ and ‘The World Today’ senior producer and output editor
- BBC World Service ‘Europe Today’ deputy programme editor
- BBC World Affairs Unit assignments in Jerusalem and Brussels as a senior broadcast journalist
- BBC Stringer reporter and producer in Spain and North Africa
- El Mundo assistant foreign editor in Madrid
- Newspaper freelance journalist