Catherine Cross is a trainer with extensive international and multi-national experience. She hosts our Media Training, Presentation Training and Pitching Via Zoom courses. She has been a professional communications consultant since 1998 following a decade of experience as a BBC Journalist. Catherine has particular expertise in Crisis Media Training, having run global programmes for several large multi-nationals whilst working as Director and Lead Counsel at Hill and Knowlton Strategies. Before this, she worked for Weber Shandwick and also ran her own training business.
Catherine Cross Sector Experience
Catherine has trained clients in virtually every sector and at every level of employee, from the CEO downwards. She has expertise in the following sectors: Energy (oil and gas, mining, renewables), Chemical / Pharmaceutical, Hospitality / Services, Food and Drink, Retail and Leisure, Education, Healthcare, Technology, Telecoms and Sport. She has helped numerous companies plan and prepare for potential crisis issues, as well as handling real-life crisis situations such as redundancies, mergers and acquisitions and factory closures. She has also advised companies for positive campaigns and raising their media profile.
Catherine Cross Journalism Experience
- World Service launch team for the award-winning programme ‘The World’ broadcasted on National Public Radio in the United States and co-produced by the World Service and WGBH in Boston
- BBC Newsroom Southeast (now BBC London) Regional Television reporter and producer
- BBC Network Radio broadcast journalist producing bulletins for all the 5 main radio networks, particularly Radio 4 and 5Live, and for programmes such as the Today Programme, World at One, PM and The World Tonight
- BBC Local Radio reporter (5 years), producer and presenter including Radio Cambridgeshire, Devon, Leeds, Solent and Leicester
- BBC Trainee Reporter Scheme plus completed print and broadcast journalism courses at the University of Colorado, Boulder, USA