Catherine Cross hosts our Crisis Media Training, Media Training and Presentation Training courses. She has delivered sought-after communications courses globally since 1998. Catherine is also an expert in Public Speaking Skills Coaching, Message Development and Crisis Communications. Her excellence was recognised by the Chartered Institute of Public Relations which awarded Catherine Approved Trainer status every year from 2003 until 2012, when the scheme ended.
Catherine Cross was the Director / Lead Counsel of Hill+Knowlton Strategies’ Media and Presentation Training Team in London from 2008 – 2017. During this time, she designed, developed and ran global training programmes for numerous clients in a wide-range of sectors.
Catherine’s training combines the invaluable experience she has gained in both the journalistic and PR fields. She has worked with numerous internationally-renowned corporate clients, using her extensive knowledge of journalism from almost 10 years as a reporter, producer and presenter in local radio, BBC network radio, Regional Television, and at the World Service. She was the Training Manager for Shandwick International (now Weber Shandwick) from 1998 – 2000 and ran her own media training business, Accomplished Broadcasting, from 2000 – 2008.
Catherine Cross Sector Experience
Catherine has trained clients in virtually every sector and at every level of employee, from the CEO downwards. She has expertise in the following sectors: Energy (oil and gas, mining, renewables), Chemical / Pharmaceutical, Hospitality / Services, Food and Drink, Retail and Leisure, Education, Healthcare, Technology, Telecoms and Sport. She has helped numerous companies plan and prepare for potential crisis issues, as well as handling real-life crisis situations such as redundancies, mergers and acquisitions and factory closures. She has also advised companies for positive campaigns and raising their media profile.
Catherine Cross Journalism Experience
- World Service launch team for the award-winning programme ‘The World’ broadcasted on National Public Radio in the United States and co-produced by the World Service and WGBH in Boston
- BBC Newsroom Southeast (now BBC London) Regional Television reporter and producer
- BBC Network Radio broadcast journalist producing bulletins for all the 5 main radio networks, particularly Radio 4 and 5Live, and for programmes such as the Today Programme, World at One, PM and The World Tonight
- BBC Local Radio reporter (5 years), producer and presenter including Radio Cambridgeshire, Devon, Leeds, Solent and Leicester
- BBC Trainee Reporter Scheme plus completed print and broadcast journalism courses at the University of Colorado, Boulder, USA